Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas {Happy New Year}


I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Christmas. I don't know about most of you, but for me it seems as though the Christmas season has just begun. It seems like I was just tuning the radio to B98.5 and getting that familiar warm feeling when I heard the Christmas tunes playing; it seems like I was just at Wal-Mart and could barely contain my excitement as I watched the workers putting out the Christmas decor. But alas, here I sit two days before Christmas. On December 26th, the Christmas spirit and hubbub will be over. There will no longer by Christmas tunes playing in the malls, there will no longer be the hustle and bustle and joy of the Christmas season, there will no longer be Christmas plays to attend. But I'm going to choose to make the Christmas spirit live on well beyond December 25th. After all, Jesus is the reason why we celebrate this joyous occasion. After saying that, I'll say that we have a reason to celebrate Christmas all year long, not just in December. Although, I do have to admit that I'll be slightly disappointed after Christmas day, knowing that it's all over {until next year, that is}.

Well folks, I hope you all have a wonderful and Merry Christmas, and blessed New Year. And remember, Jesus IS the reason for the season. God bless you all and much love!

2 comments:

sjs said...

Very well written.:) I am kind of glad its going fast.:) That means Mike will be home for good faster.:) Love ya!!:)

Fox & Willow said...

That's totally understandable. I hope it goes by fast for your sake. I just miss Christmas. :( Love you, too. :)