Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kreativ Blogger Award


Well, I got nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award by my wonderful, sweet, funny and beautiful cousin, Kim. But unlike her, I get to write about myself all the time on my blog since I don't have four wonderful kiddos to brag on, so this may be a little boring for you guys. So, I have to write down 7 things about myself that most of you don't know, eh?

Well, here goes nothing...

1. I was a...well...little bratty when I was little.
I'm sure you all are shocked! You see me as this sweet and angelic person, but when I was little I was the exact opposite. ;)

2. I have been to about 30 states.
New York, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Oregon, Nebraska...just to name a few.

3. I love anything antique or vintage.
I have 6 vintage coats, and counting. I have boots, purses, hats, headbands, luggage, and furniture, all of which are vintage. And the best part, I haven't paid over $30 for any item except for one coat. That's what's great about thrift stores and flea markets. I can pursue my love for finding vintage things...on a budget.

4. I can play the violin.
Hahaha! Are you done laughing?

5. I love learning about different countries, cultures and languages.
I would get books at the library about France, Italy, China, Russia, etc. I loved, and still do love learning about how people live, cook, work, and play. I would always quiz my family about the capitals of different countries, that was my way of feeling superior. ;) Someday I would love to live in a different country, I think that would be such an incredible experience. When I was younger I always dreamed about being a missionary.

6. I'm Italian.
My mom's family is from Italy. In fact, most of my cousins, aunts and uncles are still living there. My Aunt Mary only spoke Italian and she was deaf, but I remember going to her house with my grandma when I was little and while my grandma was "talking" to her (she lip read), I would make my mouth move like I was talking. My Aunt Mary would ask my grandma, "Is she trying to tell me something?" Hey, I was bored stiff. It was Sunrise Villa and the youngest people there were me and my grandma.

7. I love Christmas!!!!
I love the whole holiday season, but Christmas is my all-time favorite holiday.

WAKE UP!! Oh, hehe, I thought you fell asleep while reading this.

4 comments:

Kim said...

LOL!!!
I can vouch for you on the first one! :) You are a riot! I never knew about the Aunt Mary thing, that is hilarious! That is something Elle would do...oh boy more similarities, no wonder you relate to her.
Thanks for the compliments, especially the beautiful part...I'll pay you later. Love you!

Stacie Wyatt said...

Lol Yeah, well I kept it from my mom for many years because I was afraid she'd get angry with me. Of course, now she laughs.

You were probably so glad once I got older because then you didn't have to deal with my antics (coloring your new bedding with markers). But did you ever dream you'd have a child just a few years later that was...well...a lot like me? ;)

Kim said...

The Lord knows what will keep me on my knees!
Seriously, I am blessed to have a child that could turn out like you!

Mary Frances said...

Heeeeeeeey! I am half Italian too!!!