Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Dream Home

My dream home is not a 15,000 square foot mansion with 30 bedrooms and elevators throughout. My ultimate dream home is a cozy, seaside (preferrably) cottage with white walls, airy colors, and weathered wood floors. Charming and comfortable.

On her blog, a lady described her decorating style as the four C's: Cozy, cottage, classic and coastal. If I were to describe my dream home, it would definitely be the four C's. Another thing that has really piqued my interest lately is painted furniture. Me and my mom completed our first piece of painted furniture and we are so thrilled with the outcome. We were on our weekly excursion to Savers to dig through the treasures and scope out the fresh batch of furniture when we ran across this adorable buffet style table for only $30, we grabbed it with aspirations to paint it white. We did just that, and it's adorable. I'll post pictures as soon as it's completely finished. We also purchased an adorable antique four-poster bed for $5 at a yard sale, and a cute coffee table at Savers, all of which we plan on painting white.

I've come across a lot of blogs having to do with cottage style decorating, so I'll share a couple here. First off, I love The Lettered Cottage (really digging the black cabinets in her cottage)! Also, my mom's friend (Karen Long) introduced us to Life In The Fun Lane which is a very fun blog, and the blog owner's store White Berry Reinvented. Check them out, and if you're in to painted furniture and light airy colors for decorating, you'll definitely enjoy these blogs. There's many more links on these blogs that are great to check out, as well!

I love The Lettered Cottage because they have before and after pictures of their house (or cottage). It was just a normal house before they got ahold of, and they transformed it in to an adorable, quaint cottage.

Feel free to comment and and let me know what your favorite style of decorating is, I'd love to hear about it!

**Note** I'll be posting pictures of our finished products as soon as possible, so make sure to check back soon. :)

No comments: